Linking 2 Computers with a LAN

Woodmouse 11 18:09 09 Sep 04

I have 2 computers, one with Windows XP Home and the other with XP Professional. I have connected them with a LAN cable, and have succesfully played Medieval Total War using both computers. However, I cannot transfer files between them. One recognises both when I select View workgroup computers, but the computer with XP Professional displays 'Mshome is not accessible'. I have run 'Set up a home or small office network' many times without success. Any ideas please.

Legolas 18:20 09 Sep 04

Make sure that you turn of any firewalls including the built in firewalls in XP then once you get the network working correctly you can turn the firewalls back on and configure them.

howard60 19:45 09 Sep 04

I always set the ip address manually 192 168 0 1 for first pc and 192 168 0 2 for the second with subset mask 255 255 255 0 for both. make sure sharing is enabled on both hard disks. I have lately found it not sufficient to just share c but to go into each folder and share that as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…