Link PC and XBox

MD__ 15:40 12 Jul 09

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 and trying to connect my PC with my Xbox on my wireless netwrok. The Xbox and PC have been connected to the network independently for some time - no problems(Netgear)

I have WMP version 11 and have ticked the correct media sharing area to allow it to connect to the xbox but my xbox cannot 'see' my PC. When going thro the process the xbox gives a set up key but i dont know where to insert this.

The major issues seems to be that all guides state the PC must have service pack 2 or windows media center. I dont have these , i have followed the instruction for SP2 but it does not work and at no stage does you input the set up key into the PC

no takers on the other forum but i suppose it is a network issue ? thanks

recap 13:14 18 Jul 09

Your 'Plug and Play Device Host' may not be running.

click on 'start', then 'run', and then
"services.msc". Navigate to Plug and Play and check that it is running.

Also check that your firewall is not blocking the connection.

MogsyDude23 18:30 22 Aug 09

I had this problem, aslong as you have setup everything fine in WMP (Allowing the device to access shared files).

Then on the Xbox dashboard just go to 'My Xbox' and then to 'Video Library' and then pess 'X' on your pad, it will allow you to see other deives to view video from (not just your Xbox 360 HDD).

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now