lines and things in OE messages? needed?

p;3 14:20 14 Aug 05

Win 98se IE6 and now using Outlook Express for mail client (wow says F.E.!);my mail in OE seems to get either
>>>

or
I
I
I

or :
:

down the left hand side ; I use plain text

are these markers ESSENTIAL for the message or can they really be dispensed with?

I have been sending myself test messages(self-spamming ...wot a thought!!)and really can only see these things cluttering up the message and making more bulk to things DO I really NEED them? yes; I do know how and where to adjust this but are these things vital for the message?

ACOLYTE 14:26 14 Aug 05

I am not really sure i understand the question,lol
but you dont need those markers in the email unless you like them )).
The >> markers usually show when you forward an email to someone but you can delete them befroe you send it if you like,it wont affect the email.

p;3 14:33 14 Aug 05

the posting has not come out quite the way I typed it

the >>
or 1
or;
;
appear down the left hand side of the message;can I dispense with them or are they vital for the message to send correctly?
they really make the message far too long and bulky and I do not understand why they need ot be there; or do they?

p;3 14:35 14 Aug 05

(and even that posting did not come out the way I had typed it:(( )

ACOLYTE 15:06 14 Aug 05

I would say no they dont need to be there for the massage to send, the >>>>>

marks i usualy get when i have recieved a fowarded email or i have fowarded one,they are not there to start with.

GaT7 15:08 14 Aug 05

As ACOLYTE said they are not needed. I use this free program to clean them - eCleaner click here. It will also clean any HTML in an email. G

p;3 15:17 14 Aug 05

they are never there to start with but appear on all the return things;and depends on who has sent me a mail as to whether they are lines or chevons or..
I can switch them off if they have no purpose in the mails apart from to annoy me:)

VoG II 15:19 14 Aug 05

They are just a way of keeping track of 'conversations' when e-mails are sent back and forth.

They are not necessary.

timothywilliam 15:28 14 Aug 05

I get them too, especially when someone has forwarded a message to me. I either delete them if I send the message on again or if I am in lazy mode just ignore them They do not make any difference and I never understand why they are there and they DO irritate don't they !

p;3 20:26 16 Aug 05

I have now switched them off in my machine; so far so good:)
Timothy, do you know how to switch them off if you wish to?

p;3 22:03 16 Aug 05

this is very novel ;having swithced off the lines and chevrons; I am now not getting the bit at the end of the mail message telling me and others that it has been scanned by AVG; I have checke dthat the scanner is fully functional;
and in Mailwasher I am now being told that there is no attachment, whereas before the scanner statement was being seen AS an attachement presumably as was the chevrons catching its attention;)

clues anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…