lines on my screen

djdj693 17:57 12 Jan 03
  djdj693 17:57 12 Jan 03

i have vertical lines on my monitor and cannot change my diplay(can only use 640) at all or the screen goes black.
Is my monitor packing up or is it the graphics card? On the taskbars there is a red hue and a red trail is left behind by the mouse.Checked everything via norton and no virus etc detected,no files are missing and all hardware is working properly.
Thanks

Forum Editor 18:05 12 Jan 03

Monitor and graphics card could be imlicated, but the prime suspect is the monitor.

Are you able to connect it to another computer to check?

Forum Editor 18:06 12 Jan 03

Sorry.

Old PC man 10:28 13 Jan 03

The monitor should display anything it's told to by the graphics card/software. The resolution is not controlled by the monitor but by the software. However, the red hue suggests that the green or blue electron gun is performing below par.

Check that you have the correct drivers and that they are installed. You can download the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's website.

As the Forum Head Hitter says, either try your monitor on another computer or try another monitor on your computer to check which is causing the fault.

John

Tog 11:31 13 Jan 03

What is the monitor refresh rate set to?

djdj693 16:01 15 Jan 03

thanks to all it was my monitor and has been replaced. cheers
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…