Lines on LCD Panel

kindler 21:16 21 Mar 04

Hi everyone, I have an LCD panel which has developed horizontal shadowy lines which appear to move down the screen.
Its a bit like the way crt screens used to appear when sen in a tv program.
Anyone got any idea how I cure it?

Regards
MK

Djohn 21:21 21 Mar 04

Use the buttons on the front of the monitor to access the on-screen menu. Select "Clock phase" or "Clock cycle" and give that a click. also move through the menu until you have "Auto" highlighted and click on that as well.

Let us know how you get on. It sounds as though the timing is slightly out.

kindler 21:44 21 Mar 04

Thanks djohn, its not quite fixed but much better. At least its acceptable now.

Thanks a million.

Regards
MK

Djohn 22:52 21 Mar 04

Your welcome. Pleased it has helped but the display should be excellent. What is the make/model of your monitor, how old is it and the size of the screen please?

If you can let us know the above then someone may be able to help you have a perfect display. Regards. j.

kindler 09:20 22 Mar 04

Its an unbranded 17" screen bought from PC world in Jan 03. It was cheap and has been OK up to now.

Thanks again.
Regards
MK

kindler 09:20 22 Mar 04

Its an unbranded 17" screen bought from PC world in Jan 03. It was cheap and has been OK up to now.

Thanks again.
Regards
MK

Djohn 11:32 22 Mar 04

Hi Kindler. I think you will find that the monitor will have a three year warranty. Contact PC World and see if you can arrange for a swap out. The normal way of this is for the new one to be delivered to your door and the faulty one to be collected at the same time. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…