Lines across prints?? TWO! Thanks

DWANE PYPE 22:05 21 Jul 03

I did that a few times, made no difference.
I also had come to the conclusion that it was the cartridge, but to be sure, I posted in case some one came up with a different solution. I have to have them refilled out of necessity,unfortunately. I took it back this morning (Monday) to where I get them refilled, and give their due they checked it thoroughly, said it was faulty, or words to that effect, and exchanged it, they said H.P & Lexmark are the ones they have the most trouble with, and if I have any problems with that one, don?t hesitate to bring it back. The printer is now printing as it usually does. woodchip I will put that word ?Banding? in my Digital Dictionary.

Thanks again for your input. (I?m putting this on a new posting, because the old one will probably be about 6 pages back by now).

marjted 22:13 21 Jul 03

If you are getting this when printing out images on a HP printer, the cause is the pixels/inch resolution is not a whole number. This can happen when you re-size an image while keeping the file size constant.

Easily resolve by immediately befoe printing, look at the image dimensions - the pixels/inch in this case and if it is say 303.1234, simply change delete the decimal places so that it reads 303. You will need to ensure that you retain the dimensions but allow the file size to change.

Had this problem a year or two ago. Hope this helps

DWANE PYPE 00:56 22 Jul 03

Thanks for that!FILCH drew my attention to it in my first post,I will keep an eye on that in the future.

Regards, D P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…