Line sharing devices

OAP65 10:57 05 Mar 05

My ISP is Tesco Anytime, and I seem to have a very slow connection. I have found out that I have a line sharing device on my BT line. I contacted BT with my queries about a slow connection speed and they told me that they are quite happy with the service, as they are only obliged to support at 28.8 KBS, which according to them. that is what they provide. I'm not certain that I achieve this. If I want to have a faster connection, I have to go to BroadBand, then they will remove this device. I have no wish at this time to go on to BroadBand, is there any way around this? I have heard of a program called "On Speed" but I believe that there are limitations to some of it's functions Any ideas please?

It depends on the device there is a device called a DAX that roughly allows 2 plus lines to run from it but again it depends on the street basicaly these are put in due to not having enough telegraph poles i would suggest to get broadband but again not sure if this is poss if there is the aboce device there

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:17 05 Mar 05

They are quite happy with it, you are not.

It is baloney that they will not remove the line sharing device. They are obliged to provide the service you ask for and cannot force you to go broad band.

Have a look on the OFCOM site click here

OAP65 12:05 06 Mar 05

Thank you Juggy69 and Fruit Bat/\0/\ I will keep trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…