Line in screen when display is moving

Kokid90 17:26 27 Nov 13

I built a computer for myself and didn't notice the following issue up until weeks after so I can't say if it as been there since day one or it appeared at some point of time afterwards.

What it is is that when I play a game or move the screen up and down or from side to side with the scroll bars, there is always a horizontal bar of pixels that split my screen in two and makes the displayed moving image off at that level, It seems to be always about 1/3 off my screen starting from the bottom but I believed I seen it be in the upper part as well. The effect it as is like if you would cut the screen where the line is and slide one part 1 milimeter to the left or the right. When the screen is still (i.e. no movements) there is nothing wrong in the display.

Would someone know what this is ? would it be the monitor or would that be coming from the desktop computer tower hardwares, for example, graphic card or even the connected cables.

I use DVI connection.

Here is a link to a video that shows what i meant to explain :

click here for video

Thanks.

woodchip 18:00 27 Nov 13

faulty screen,if under warranty send it back

lotvic 18:14 27 Nov 13

Try altering the refresh rate of monitor and see if it still does it.

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Display icon. Then Settings tab | Advanced. Monitor tab

Bris 18:57 27 Nov 13

If Lotvics suggestion doesnt cure it check the screen resolution. Screens work best at their native resolution.

woodchip 19:30 27 Nov 13

Its a fault in the edge connection of the screen

bumpkin 20:55 27 Nov 13

As woodchip says a faulty screen but try the other suggestions and try it on another PC to confirm.

nickf 21:02 27 Nov 13

It is called shearing . Its caused by the refresh rate of your graphics and monitor , they are not syncing . As previous posters have said , changing the refresh rate on your monitor should cure the problem . The monitor is not broken .

Kokid90 21:06 27 Nov 13

It seems like putting the refresh rate to 60 instead of 30 might have fixed it !

I tried connecting the monitor to HDMI which was okay then put it back on DVI and it was okay but the problem reappeared about 2 minutes after.

I then tried change the refresh rate and it's been over 10 minutes and it hasn't come back !

Hope it was the problem.

Thanks guys.

If it comes back will let know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant