Line in, Device?

  InZaNE_mOdS 23:22 11 Dec 03

Hi i was wondering, as i have a lot of devices for listening to music, i.e. a minidisk player or a cd player. Well all soundcards or mobos have a line in socket and was wondering if i could transfer the music from a minidisk or tape or cd to my pc using that line in socket? What equipment would i need and software?

  smegs 23:23 11 Dec 03

U can use M/Player to do this if U wish aswell.

  canard 23:25 11 Dec 03

You need a jackplug from any old shop that sells Hifi and audio stuff. Plug it in and it plays into your PC so you can record, save and then do what you want with the WAV file.

  Robin0759 00:02 12 Dec 03

A stereo jack into your line in port will do the trick, but you will need software to record onto , to manipulate the music and convert the new WAV. file into a compressed MP3 format. Wav. files take up an awful lot of space!

Steinberg's Cubasis VST is like a virtual music studio, which also has "Wavelab Lite" bundled with it (£40-50 from PC World) More than enough software to handle what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now