limited virtual memory

ole1999 10:24 23 Apr 05

Hello

I always use a password when my windows xp starts, for some reason last night i got this message up and was unable to get onto my desktop

LIMITED VIRTUAL MEMORY

your system has no paging file or the paging file is to small.

To fix this this go to con panel, click advanced, under performance, click settings in the advanced tab, click change, click customize size, then type an initial or max paging file size.

I did exactly as stated, but it was way above my head.
When i clicked on settings, it came up with

SYSTEM CONTROL PANEL APPLET
windows created a temp page file on ur p.c because of a problem that occured with ur paging file configuration when you started ur p.c, the total paging file size for all disk drives may be somewhat larger than the size you specified.

The INITIAL SIZE was 1136 and the MAX size was 3072, i eventually managed to use my recovery disc and repair bad sectors which enabled me to get back on my desktop, when i go thu the same procedure as before ( control panel etc )my initial and max size boxes are both empty, and i have 1135mb
mim 2mb
rec 1534
current 1535

sorry for such a long subject, but would appreciated how and why this happened in the first place, and is it how it should be at this present time........Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 23 Apr 05
  VoG II 10:26 23 Apr 05
  ole1999 10:36 23 Apr 05

Thanks guys, will take reading all of that lol

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced