Limited user unable to access the internet

silliw 18:55 15 Jul 05

I have a machine running XPSP2 with a netgear MA111 V1 wireless adaptor accessing the internet through a netgear wireless router. the wireless is managed by the netgear wireles utility - not windows.
I have setup my son as a limited user on the machine but am unable to give him internet access. If I change his profile to that of an administrator he has no problem getting through.

I was eager to give him limited access to avoid finding heaps of junk being downloaded/installed on the machine.

Can anyone advise of a possible solution please

Mandy265 19:21 15 Jul 05

Try opening a guest account.

mattyc_92 19:25 15 Jul 05

A guest account is even more limited than a limited account.

Do you recieve ANY error messages?

silliw 08:56 16 Jul 05

No just get cannot connect to the server when trying to access the internet. Have also noticed that the netgear config icon which is normally in the taskbar is not loaded when using limited account although have checked task manager reports that the process is running.

Forgot to mention that I am running XP pro not home with simple file sharing removed so that I can have sharing and security on his machine. I have not setup any "funny" securities - just given myself access to his machine from my own desktop.

Jackcoms 12:20 16 Jul 05

Try moving the shortcut for your modem/router to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up.

It is probably only in your account/log-in at the moment which is why only you have internet access.

silliw 23:28 16 Jul 05

Not sure what you mean?????. I am on broadband and all user settings are connect through lan. All internet settings are identical whatever the user.

Have been looking at the zonealarm settings and might temporarily disable it to see if for some reason it is blocking the limited user.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…