limited or no connectivity problems

samcreamer 10:24 17 Jun 09

We have had problems with our wireless network for several weeks. Initially the router kept losing the settings.

However I now have a problem where our main pc (which uses a asus wireless stick) cannot connect. We keep getting a message 'limited or no connectivity. Our laptop is fine and can connect to the internet without any problems. My hubby also connect using his iphone.

Do you think that it is the wireless stick (the icon for this still sees the network). Not really sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

mgmcc 08:25 18 Jun 09

Normally, with a "wireless" connection, the "Limited or No Connectivity" indication is because the wireless adapter hasn't "Connected" properly to the router to get its IP address. Windows defaults to allocating a "169.254" APIPA address (Automatic Private IP Addressing) which won't let you connect to the router or the internet.

Try "Removing" any existing "Profiles" click here and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again.

samcreamer 09:36 18 Jun 09

Many thanks for you help. I did try something similar last night and managed to get it working. Looking at your instructions it seems to be kind of similar and no doubt helpful for someone with this problem.

Thanks again :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…