Limited or no connectivity with Linksys router

DustinRush 04:47 22 Jul 07

ok im getting limited or no connectivity on my computer whenever I try connecting my Linksys wireless-g broadband router. I ran CMD and the ipconfig /all and got this ip address and no default gateway. I have tried adding the ip from the network connection and even adding my normal default gateway and ip address, 192.168.x.x I use to have before getting this problem, and it says im connected however when I run Internet explore it still shows up as if nothing has happened. now I'm pretty sure is static ip problem, but I don't know how to fix/reset the router, and I have pushed the reset button on the back of it and it doesn't work. Just to recap I can get connection by just disconnection the router and reconnecting the DSL box but when run it through the router I get the limited or no connectivity problem.

this here is the information I received when I ran the ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : your-f78bf48ce2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adap
ter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-D4-09-95-50
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.33.138
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

any help will be great

Dustin

Gongoozler 11:14 22 Jul 07

For my Netgear router I have "Internet IP Address - Get Dynamically From ISP". Also have you seen this page click here

Taff™ 11:27 22 Jul 07

Sometimes another wireless router broadcasting on a similar channel may cause this. If you have others within range try moving your channel up or down 2 steps.

Otherwise I would recommend running winsockfix - you can find the linke to it from the link Gongoozler gave you.

DustinRush 13:16 22 Jul 07

Gongoozler
my ISP did not give me one or even if I called probably wouldn't.

Taff
I don't have any other wireless routers, heh my router isnt even wireless its just in the name, but I did download and ran the winsockfix however it didn't work. I plugged in my router before trying but nothing.

also I know this problem could be fixed by buying a new router its just I wanna see if i can get this one fixed.

Gongoozler 14:28 22 Jul 07

Hi Dustin. "Internet IP Address - Get Dynamically From ISP" is a setting on the router whereby the ISP allocates you a new IP address each time you connect.

DustinRush 19:43 22 Jul 07

oh ok well how do you do that but what I'm really wanting here is a full reboot/reset of the box cause then I could load the setup disk again and be done.

DustinRush 00:23 23 Jul 07

Its not a silly question, but to answer you, I did hold it down to try and reset it that way. However its just that it resets but still brings up the same ip and 'Limited or no connectivity with Linksys router' problem I'm having. Now to ask you all, is there another way in reseting every thing on it?

Taff™ 06:16 23 Jul 07

Go into the router management by opening IE and typing 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. The default username is admin and the password is admin unless you changed them. Once logged in you should be able to find factory settings and reset them. If you can`t find the setting post back the actual model number.

DustinRush 08:14 23 Jul 07

Well that's the problem, when I try to do that it just brings up 'Internet explore can not be opened'. However I have done this here before try to just add the default gateway and go in a reset, but it brings up that the firmware upgrade page which I haven't a clue on, so yeah.

Oh and by the way guys, I'm really glad people are actually trying to help, anywhere else I really doubt they would even post to tell me no. Just wanted to say thanks

Taff™ 09:02 23 Jul 07

Let`s have the router model number. Are you connected to the router via an ethernet cable?

DustinRush 22:28 23 Jul 07

WRT54G and yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5