Limited or no connectivity

AJ28 20:12 05 May 07

So i have the BT Home Hub on broadband and for a few weeks now it has been working perfectly with a laptop using it wirelessly.
However last night the internet went off on both. After the old unplugging and plugging back in method of the router the internet did come back on the computer, however the internet no longer works on the laptop.
the laptops using a belkin network card and is picking up the signal strength and link quality both on 100% However when trying to access the internet it wont work. It says when trying to "renew ip address" there is limited or no connectivity.
Ive googled this and tried more "solutions" than you can shake a stick at to no avail.
I tried it on another laptop and similarly it finds the router signal but the internet isnt there.
Has anyone any suggestions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:14 05 May 07

you may need to reset the security key in the laptop

AJ28 20:17 05 May 07

as in just re-connecting with the wep key? or are you talking getting another one?

i do think it must be something to do with the computer and what it is doing/or not doing
the connection on the laptop says it is sending data but not recieving data?

postie24 20:52 05 May 07

Is the obtain an IP address automatically and DNS server boxes ticked in internet protocol properties?

AJ28 20:53 05 May 07

yeah

postie24 20:59 05 May 07

What happens when you try to repair the connection?

kelim 20:59 05 May 07

side issue,
wep is considered poor encryption nowadays, easily hackable by those wanting to join your network for free. wpa psk (pre shared key) is best.

my laptop did same with a usb adapter then again when replaced with a network card (both belkin). decided to go wired and have never had a problem since

AJ28 21:01 05 May 07

on repairing the connection it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address"

postie24 21:04 05 May 07

Try turning off the encryption in the homehubs homepage

AJ28 21:15 05 May 07

nope unfortunately it just cant seem to find it with encryption off

postie24 21:21 05 May 07

Does the homehub have a reset option like a modem/router has,small hole at back of router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos