Limited or No connectivity

giles_l 09:28 20 Dec 06

I have a wireless network set up and my PC is connected to it via the ethernet cable. My laptop can connect via its wireless function to the internet but my PC is coming up with Low or no connectivity.

I have tried to use ipconfigure/renew etc but that does not work. The message says something about DCHP not connecting or available.

I have have also tried reinstalling the network card/driver.

I am clueless waht to do!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:06 20 Dec 06

Start - run - type services.msc press ok.

scroll down to DCHP client and check if it has started. If not right click select properties- in the startup type box seclect Automatic and click on Start.
It should then start up everytime you start the PC.

Check if you can now connect.

giles_l 20:18 23 Dec 06

This did not work as the DCHP had started and was set to automatic. I still get the message linited or no connectivity.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

COuld it be something to do with the fact i tried to set up the WEP security on the wireless router from my laptop? i have read something about the same IP address etc...

I am getting desperate here!!!

Technotiger 20:23 23 Dec 06

Hi, you could try re-setting the router, by disconnecting the router's power then wait 10 seconds, then re-connect power.

Kate B 20:27 23 Dec 06

Try changing the router's wireless channel. They all default to channel 11 and if you live in a built-up area with lots of neighbours running wireless networks that channel can get busy.

giles_l 10:46 24 Dec 06

How would i go about changing the wireless channel on the router. I have reset it many a time and it still does not work.

daxian 11:02 24 Dec 06

hi giles_...
if your pc is connected via an ethernet cable to the router you should not have a problem .
is the lan built onto the motherboard or an addon card...???
are the drivers upto date for the lan ?
Dave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now