limited or no connectivity

gryyfe 19:09 19 Sep 06

hi, I have a problem with "limited or no connectivity".

I have bought a belkin 54mb usb adaptor to try and give me wireless connectivity in a 2nd desktop pc, an e-machines with XP operating system. my main pc is an hp pavillion with XP operating system which connects to the internet via a BT Voyager router. I already have a laptop on the network (Toshiba, XP os) which has no problems connecting to the internet wirelessly. i keep getting "limited or no connectivity" when it is trying to acquire the network address. anybody have any ideas what could be causing this, for info the oldest computer in the network is the laptop which is 9 months old so they are all decent spec PCs - let me know if you need any more info

thanks in advance

gryffe

STREETWORK 19:41 19 Sep 06

Follow this thread

click here

If still a prob post back here...

gryyfe 00:36 20 Sep 06

nope streetwork, thanks but this doesnt help

gryyfe 11:49 20 Sep 06

hi, i reset the router to factory settings, uninstalled then re-installed my wireless adaptor on the 2nd pc - bingo - now works a treat with solid connection. thanks to all who replied

ade.h 13:44 20 Sep 06

Can you let me know whether you have kept the DHCP server on or attempted to assign addresses manually (that is an option worth considering) and whether you installed the adapter management software or just the device driver? I'll be back later.

gryyfe 16:16 20 Sep 06

ade - i just held in the reset button on the router for 10 secs, it went through a sort of power recycle and then all the buttons went green again to signify the router was working again. i totally uninstalled the adaptor, then reinstalled it which also appears to install the drivers again.

ade.h 16:23 20 Sep 06

Oh, so it's solved then. Your thread wasn't ticked when I posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…