Limited or No Connectivity

websurfowen 19:56 19 Aug 06

This problem has happened before.

Since 17th August I have been unable to use the internet. I have a 3com Office Connect router and a wireless laptop. My desktop is wired to the router and the laptop is wireless. Everytime i turn on the computer it tries to connect to the router but is unable and displays the message. "Unable to obtain IP address from router"
I have tried this solution but with no luck. click here Any other sujections

daxian 21:46 19 Aug 06

hi websurfowen....
do you have a spare network card ....try installing a new network card see if the problem is the same ....Dave.

STREETWORK 22:10 19 Aug 06

Have you ensured that you have enabled 'share connection' in network connections properties?

You could also try and 'ping' the laptop to check for a connection.

If you are getting limited or no connection, try and make a new connection in network tasks within the network connections from control panel.

What op system are you running?

websurfowen 20:08 20 Aug 06

WindOWS XP. The router is showing signs that it is picking up the router but i cannot log into the router by the ip address: 192.168.1.1

DerekR 21:46 20 Aug 06

10/1 on that that awful windows firewall has turned itself on... this happened a few times with my home network. Turn that pest off if it has switched itself back on, and probs will be solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…