Limited or no connectivity

Bellyfilla 22:37 01 Aug 06

Hi Folks can anyone help an old and wrinlky please? I get either the error msg Limited or no conectivity or local area network2 cable unplugged. This results in me dropping out of Aol. I have tried all the obvious ( different modem reinstall drivers changed filters and cables repair connectivity etc) It would seem the problem lies with the network did not assign a network address tot the computer.Hope someone there has a few more brain cells than me and help me sort it out. it would seem ths I traded all my brain cells for the wrinles.

Ta muchly in advance for any help

RobCharles1981 22:45 01 Aug 06

I get this problem now and again - the way I done this is I either repaird my connection or I reseted the modem by switching it off and waited about 15 seconds and everything was back to normal

ed-0 22:54 01 Aug 06

Rob_24_Wales usually works for me, also.

If you have XP with sp2, this patch may help. click here

FelixTCat 23:04 01 Aug 06

Bellyfilla,

Your "local area network2 cable unplugged" symptom indicates to me that you might have a slightly loose ethernet cable connection - when it wobbles, it breaks the connection.

Make sure that both ends are pushed right in and try to make sure that the connectors are not under stress (e.g. cables taut, bends close to the connectors, etc)

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now