'Limited or No Connectivity

Edward-207256 15:29 30 Jun 06

My laptop was running slow, so i decided to have a total reinstall of windows xp professional. I wasn't familiar with the process, so i sent it to a family friend who is a bit of an expert. A few days later the laptop returned, and all was in working order. Then, i tried to connect to my wireless network at my house. I input the WEP code after the network had been detected, and it connected, but was saying 'Limited or No Connectivity'. I have a belkin wireless router, but i have a feeling that the router isn't the problem.

I double clicked the message and a box popped up, and a button said 'Repair'. I tried to repair the connection, and it was going through the various stages, and it came to 'Renewing your I.P. address.' It struggled with this for a while, and then failed, giving the message:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed: Renewing your I.P. address.
For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

Well, i contacted my dad, and the internet was working fine on his desktop, and the internet was fine on my sister's laptop.

So, i turn to PC Advisor, as a last resort. Have any of you encountered this problem? If so, is there an easy solution? Please reply soon,

Thanks in Advance,

~Eagle

ade.h 17:10 30 Jun 06

Duplicated click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…