Limited or no Connectivety - atheros and d-link

phillyjobab 22:34 15 Dec 05

when i try to connect with windows to my d-link router wirelessly, there is limited or no connectivety. i can connect to it with a ethernet cable, but not wirelessly.

i have gotten a connection, and set up the LAN, but it boots me after a half an hour. the tech support guy told me to reset the router, and that would fix the problem, it did, but only for another half hour.

my laptop is a toshiba satellite (m55-s135), and my router is a D-Link 524.

you gotta help me!!

keewaa 22:37 15 Dec 05

Are you saying the wired connection fails after 30 minutes or the wireless connection ?

phillyjobab 22:41 15 Dec 05

the wireless is having trouble working

phillyjobab 22:49 15 Dec 05

it runs fine when i'm tethered to it

keewaa 22:54 15 Dec 05

Ok so the wired workd 100%. Then I would try :

a) Test it keeping the laptop within 5 m of the roputer.

b) Set router to broadcast SSID, and enable WPA security and see if this cures it. Not broadcasting SSID can cause drop outs if there is another network within range.

phillyjobab 22:57 15 Dec 05

how do i do that ssid thing, im kinda an idiot when it comes to these things.
i did try with wep and wpa, same result, after a while it locks me out.

btw, thnx for answering

phillyjobab 00:00 16 Dec 05

someones gotta HELP!!!!!!!!!
i need a reliable wireless thing,
i have given my network a name, and there are other networks in range of my laptop, but i'm not set up connect to them, or even try. i don't understand, and no drivers have made any difference.

keewaa 10:46 16 Dec 05

Log into the router (Usually by 198.162.0.1, but the manual will tell you) and you'll find the setting somewhere in there. It should explain it in the manual (usually on disc)

phillyjobab 17:27 16 Dec 05

whtever thnx for the help guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…