limited no connectivity

lapnutty 20:15 23 May 09

i have a belkin 54g modem router f507632-4 - it's been fine - so i thought! found out it's been droppig the connection on a regular basis - thought it was the ISP.

re-set the belkin with the 'help' of india but now it's worse than ever. it will connect with the earthnet but ot wireless. it says no connectivty/limited.

or trying to connect and just waits and waits then nothing. I put my thompson speedtouch usb modem and it;s fine but wirelss isnt happening

any ideas?

mgmcc 20:09 24 May 09

The problem is almost certainly with the "wireless" connection between your computer and the router and not with the router's connection to the ISP.

While connected by ethernet cable, *NOT WIRELESSLY*, go into the router's wireless settings and change the Channel number it broadcasts on. Most routers use "6" or "11" by default so try one of these or, if already using one, try the other. Avoid channels 1 & 2, which use frequencies shared with many other wireless devices such as cordless phones, and avoid 12 & 13 which many wireless adapters won't connect to, because they are not legal in certain [non-UK] countries.

Also, remove any existing wireless 'profiles' in the PC's settings click here and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again.

lapnutty 07:38 25 May 09

Thanks very much - the wireless connection on the laptop is working again.

Now the network adaptor on the desk top won't connect!

I'm going to uninstall it and re-install to see if it fixes the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…