Limited Local Area Connection?

Zebrapec 16:30 14 Aug 05

Hi, I am using aol broadband at the moment, but on the taskbar (righthand side bottom)there is a picture of two screens with an explanation mark on them and putting the mouse pointer over them brings up a bubble saying;
Local Area Connection,
Speed: 576.0 kbs,
Can anyone tell me if this is correct? if not can some one explain step by step what to do about it please.
Regards

Taff36 16:57 14 Aug 05

Which Operating System are you using and are you on a Wireless or cabled connection. Try double clicking the icon and then go to the support tab. Click on the repair button and be patient for a few minutes. It may or may not work but if you`re surfing OK don`t worry about it too much.

Number 7 17:01 14 Aug 05

What should be the speed of your conection?

If the 576kbs is the correct speed for your connection, then it might be case of just disabling the message.

Have look here click here

mattyc_92 17:02 14 Aug 05

Go to AOL Keyword "SP2" for the patch.

joethebow 19:03 14 Aug 05

Yep, Mattyc's absolutly correct. I've had this on several AOL PC's and it's always fixed by download the SP2 patch from Keywords.

Taff36 19:33 14 Aug 05

Third vote - Why I didn`t remember that is beyond me.

CurlyWhirly 19:40 14 Aug 05

I used to get the error message even after installing the SP2 patch.

I got rid of it by right clicking on the error message and selecting "Open Network Connections" and then right clicking on the LAN connection and going to "Properties" and ticking the option "Show icon in notification area when connected" and unticking the option "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" (if it *is* already ticked).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…