limited connectivity wireless

relisys 09:52 09 Jun 07

hi i have adsl modem / router , a pc desktop with xp and all is running fine,wirelessly i connect my laptop up to the connection and i get a good signal and excellent internet connection,then after 1 - 4 minutes it comes up that i am connected but has limited connectivity and although still connected i cannot access no pages,laptop has vista installed can anyone help

alan2k1 10:37 09 Jun 07

has it ever worked correctly or have u just installed it ?

if you can try the laptop on a friends router does it do the same ? if so you need to concentrate on the laptop. if it works fine on your friends there may be a problem with your router. has your friend got a laptop does it do the same on your router ?

in my experiance rebouting the router often solves this problem however there are a number of issues could also cause this.

by trying the above establish if its the laptop you need to look at or the router and come back for more advice

good luck alan

relisys 10:52 09 Jun 07

hi thanks for your reply, no have no way of checking this,the laptop and router/modem combined is new and just setting them up,i have the main pc with router ,a laptop and another pc connected through a usb wireless stick,the usb wireles stick has no problems,it is only the laptop running vista ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009