Limited Connectivity? Local Only?

eysha 20:32 10 May 10

Can anyone help?
I have a netgear router and i am with Virgin on wi fi but am sick and fed up with not being able to get online when i want to. more often than not i get the above messages and have to disconect from myself to reconnect to myself (my netgear setup that is)
I telephoned Virgin and followed their instructions but that didn't work-not helpfull at all.
I keep switching the router off and waiting and re-setting it too, tried eveyting i know of so if you know better pelase tell me.
Thanks in advance
E.

birdface 20:48 10 May 10

If connected by cable have you tried.
Tools.Internet Options.Connections.Make sure never dial a connection is dotted.Then Lan settings. And make sure automatically detect settings is ticked.Ok.Apply.Ok

That is if you are using Internet Explorer.

eysha 20:51 10 May 10

Laptop isn't connected to cable taht is; virgin box connected to netgear box so i don't have any wires totrip ove coming out of laptop. two of us use it ad we both have problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:33 10 May 10

TRy changing the wireless channel it may be interference from a neighbor on the same channel causing the drop outs.

Also 2.4ghz home wireless phones cause a problem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:34 10 May 10
  DieSse 00:41 11 May 10

"2.4ghz home wireless phones cause a problem"

As can video senders.

eysha 12:53 11 May 10

Fruit Bat, i have now changed channels and will let you know if it works - i have my fingers crossed and 24 hours should tell me if it has.
Will report back and again my thnaks
E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant