Limited account problem

Rhuddlan 20:04 18 Feb 04

I am the admin account on my comp and I have a limited account, at the logon screen when I try to log into the limited account it says the usal logon message, loading personal settings and then it says saving your setting and it go's back to the logon screen, I don't even get to see the desktop screen, never heared of this problem before, any ideas?

JIM 20:18 18 Feb 04

Nor i,but was locked out after a reinstall of xp when i had 2 accounts.(Sounds like corruption of data)

Anyway:) any reason you can not delete that limited account and create an other to replace it with? You will have the my documents saved and other files can be backed up.Just suggesting there may be a way round the problem.

Rhuddlan 20:31 18 Feb 04

Already tried deleting the account and set up a new one, but the same thing happens.

JIM 20:40 18 Feb 04

Have you tried via the safe mode for a result?

Rhuddlan 01:25 19 Feb 04

Just tried it in safe mode, and still the problem occurs, it seems that I can't create a new limited user account, I will trin changing it to admin.

Rhuddlan 01:33 19 Feb 04

The account doesn't work in admin either, should I do a system restore, would that bring me limited account back to normal?, I have a restore point everyday over the past week.

JIM 03:54 19 Feb 04

good idea as can always be reversed.Take it back as far as you can go.Check for any software/updates that may have to to reinstalled after restore change.

Rhuddlan 01:20 21 Feb 04

Tried system restore, but the same problem occurs

Rhuddlan 03:28 22 Feb 04

The problem only occurs when I log in as limited user, which I want this account to be.

Rhuddlan 20:04 03 Mar 04

Now the same thing is happening to the guest account, what can I do to set up another account with a limited user?

JIM 20:22 03 Mar 04

Just picked up your post and it seems your going no where fast.

I would suggest,you doing a reinstall with your recovery cd or whatever you have.The only items required after that would be the windows updates to reinstall.(a pain but you will have all other programs as they were)I cannot see a fix for how your systems acting at this time,unless others can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…