limited account

mr gee 18:42 09 Dec 05

Hi ,
using XP home with sp2 set up a limited account just for Mum to use but now I cant get into the administrator account .
When i boot the computer instead of a choice of either admin.or limited account to log onto all I get is the option to log into the limited account .
How can I get back into the admin account?

Thanks

johnnyrocker 19:03 09 Dec 05

try either safe mode and fix it or system restore and start again?

johnny.

Devil Fish 19:27 09 Dec 05

try going into user accounts in control panel change the way users log on uncheck use the welcome screen

reboot machine type Administrator or user name for admin account and then type password

mr gee 20:52 09 Dec 05

thanks for your help and ideas so far --still cant seem to get it to work ,,anybody else any ideas please?

phono 21:18 09 Dec 05

As soon as you create a user account in XP the Administrator account is only available via safe mode, whilst in safe mode and logged on as admin, you should create a new account, using your name and give it administrator privileges if that is what you require.

There is a registry hack to un-hide the Administrator account but I have heard that it wont work in XP Home.

See here click here's_account_to_the_welcome_screen_in_xp_pro.htm

phono 21:20 09 Dec 05

Sorry about link, try here click here

VoG II 21:21 09 Dec 05
  mr gee 22:49 09 Dec 05

thanks phono got it back
again thanks guys for all your imput

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…