Limitations of norton ghost with winxp

pcgal 18:12 28 Jun 03

Hi, I setup my home network some months ago and I've never backed my system up. I decided yesterday to backup my drives using norton ghost and everything went smoothly saving image files amongst my computers. This now puts a safety net in place in case of hard-drive failure .....If I have total hardware failure (motherboard too) them am I correct in saying that XP will refuse to run with a replaced motherboard as Ive heard it will detect new hardware and fall flat on its back? so how do the I.T world get round this problem of replacing hardware but still managing to keep the original loaded xp running.
I deduce ghost is superb but only in the event of hdd failure when using xp, is this correct

jimv7 18:58 28 Jun 03

I you replace motherboard and hard drive with the same, xp will run ok, but will ask to be reregistered.

If you change the motherboard it pays to reinstall from scratch, then take a ghost image after registering.

With the cost of cd's it pays to take regular back-ups of your information for use in the event of having to reinstall.

pcgal 22:08 28 Jun 03

thanx jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…