LIMIT ON NUMBER OF ADDRESSEES IN E-MAIL MESSAGE

CabbageWhite 20:21 25 Mar 07

I use Outlook Express for sending e-mails; my ISP is Freeserve (now Orange). This usually works OK. As secretary of a small club (60 members) I need to e-mail the membership. My system is now refusing to send messages to the members because there are "too many addressees". How can I remove this limitation? Thanks.

Jim Thing 20:35 25 Mar 07

No doubt someone more knowledgeable than I am will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this limitation is peobably imposed by your service provider as an anti-spam measure. If so your ISP may just give you a sympathetic hearing.

Stuartli 20:37 25 Mar 07

If you go to OE's Help pages and key in "Adding Groups to the Address Book", you can find out how to split up the list of addresses into smaller groups.

By the way such questions can usually be solved by delving into any Microsoft program or applications' extensive and well written Help pages.

CabbageWhite 20:48 25 Mar 07

Thanks. That helps a lot!

Woolwell 22:31 25 Mar 07

I assume that you are using blind copy (bcc). This is best for a group mailing as the e-mail addresses for the group are hidden.

Taff™ 07:26 26 Mar 07

Is the message being generated from Orange or could it be your Antivirus? I send out newsletters to 150 society members at a time and I have to turn off Avast Internet Mail provider when I do it. Can you copy the message and post it here?

CabbageWhite 09:44 26 Mar 07

Here's the message;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[deleted]'. Subject 'Re: Results 11 December', Account: 'David', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 Error: too many recipients', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Thanks for your help

Simsy 09:52 26 Mar 07

the error is from the server indicates that it's an issue with the server, i.e. your isp, not with you Outlook Express...

Having said that, I'm afraid I have no idea what might have caused things to change, or what do do about it other than contact your isp!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…