Limewire problems - corrupted /scrambled window

Yourhelppls 09:23 24 Jun 06

I have an XP PC with Word 97, Firewall, Antivirus and Broadband. I recently installed the Limewire filesharing program, when I open it however, and move the cursor anywhere in the window, all the text and images becomes unreadable and scrambled even though the window is still active. Can anyone help please.

Also tried using WinMX but that will not connect to the network it just sits there waiting to connect. Thanks for your assist.

mike1967 09:25 24 Jun 06

I know with WINMX you now need a patch to make it work but I cant remember where i got it from, try a search on google, as for youre limewire problem can't help.

Eric half-a-bee 09:32 24 Jun 06

WinMX got shutdown - there is a patch that is supposed to make it work - but you're probably just as well off with Limewire.

I would suggest uninstalling Limewire and downloading another copy.

Once you've got a new working version to into search for programs and put in Limewire pro - I'm sure you can guess what to do next....:)

Yourhelppls 16:52 17 Jan 07

Thanks all but could not get this program to work on my system even though I was using the latest JAVA tools which their tech people thought was causing the problem. I was able to use something called Frostwire subsequently. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…