Limewire download

Solartopi 19:32 02 May 06

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me if it's illegal to download music from Limewire. Someone has sent me this link.

Thanks

Solartopi

keith-236134 19:35 02 May 06

Yeah i think it is.

Solartopi 19:47 02 May 06

hairyplums,

If one does download music can it be traced to the downloader.

Solartopi

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:12 02 May 06

It is illegal to download copyright music and yes, the final destination can be traced as many people who have been fined by the RIAA have found out.

G.

Solartopi 20:22 02 May 06

GANDALF <|:-)>

This may seem a stupid question: How is one to tell which is legal or not. Do some of these sites let you know.

Solartopi

Haol 20:29 02 May 06

Well there should be a disclaimer on the site and Limewire have introduced a popup that appears when you go to download a file that it can't find a liscence for.

Solartopi 20:37 02 May 06

Haol

'that it can't find a liscence for.' Oh dear, I'm lost. Does this mean that the liscence has expired and can be downloaded and it's copyright free.

Solartopi

rmcqua 21:18 02 May 06

I shall stick my neck out and suggest that the vast majority of music on Limewire is under active copyright protection.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:30 02 May 06

rmcquan is correct. If it was written or perormed in the last 75 years it will mostly be copyright...so that includes the Beatles, Stones etc.

Solartopi 21:32 02 May 06

rmcqua,

Thanks for warning.

Solartopi

Solartopi 21:37 02 May 06

GANDALF <|:-)>

WOW! That's a long time to wait. Thanks.

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…