Limewire can connect from behind wireless router

Boytjie 15:59 18 Dec 05

Hey

I am on wireless network with one other pc. The broadband network connection is owned by the other person on the network. I used to be able to connect to limewire but now can't. I have been through limewire help, done all the Gnutella stuff etc but still cant connect. I am behind a firewall and have tried accessing with and without it. I have only been changing settings etc on my latop not on the owners. What do I need to do to be able to download from limewire? any ideas/info would be greatly apreciated.

Sharpamatt 16:26 18 Dec 05

Limewire is if I am correct is PtoP as is gnutella, and doesnt get much joy on site

dogbreath1 17:14 18 Dec 05

click here for details regarding firewall settings.

There may be a hardware firewall in operation which is blocking your connection...you may have to speak to the network owner regarding that.

interzone55 17:42 18 Dec 05

It's possible that the network owner's firewall is blocking the ports used by Limewire (6346 & 6347). Ask the network owner to allow all traffic on these ports through their firewall.

It also possible that they've blocked these ports on purpose to stop you hogging all thier bandwidth...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…