limewire

moh23 19:11 19 Jun 05

what is limewire is it similar to kazza and if so is it as bad,as regards to spyware ect

dogbreath1 19:19 19 Jun 05

No spyware at all. Excellent p2p prog- in fact possibly the best. Great for swapping holiday videos! ;-)

mattyc_92 19:27 19 Jun 05

Probably one of the best I have used. However you still have the "copyright" protection issues and downloading viruses, or files that haven't been labelled correctly.

Pooke 20:44 19 Jun 05

probably the best recommended out of all p2p software.

pooke

amonra 21:19 19 Jun 05

make sure you get Limewire.com

VoG II 21:30 19 Jun 05

I hate to spoil the party but are you aware that downloading copyright material is illegal?

I'm sure that you are but I just wanted to make you aware that it is. Illegal.

Pooke 21:06 07 Sep 05

It's a p2p program, it's not illegal.

Users may break the law by downloading copyrighted materials, that's their choice.

Pooke

BBez 21:38 07 Sep 05

fantastic, getting better by the day, but, the BPI/RIAA is starting to log activity for users sharing more than 1000 files...

better with FTP or use a proxy when connected ;~)

sinbad1 22:07 07 Sep 05

limewire is a good program ;however it does contain spyware as do most other free p2p sharing programs.

As for the lgallity of downloading, its up to the individual to make that choice.I have no wish to start yet another p2p disscussion here, since there is a current forum for that, where there are many threads regarding this issue.I doubt that there is one person on this forum that has not at one time, done something illegal.

Regards

dogbreath1 22:44 07 Sep 05

Then don't!

dogbreath1 22:47 07 Sep 05

No it doesn't contain spyware! Provided that you download it from click here . Please post details of the specific spyware applications that it contains or withdraw the statement!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…