Lime Wire Install on XP

mrthewanderer 10:29 21 Jan 06

Can anyone help I am unable to install as it freezes on installing Java.
I have downloaded the Java file as suggested on the Lime Wire site but still the install program freezes on Java install.
The Java application does not show in the applications running box so I am unable to close it as recommended on the help page.

Softstag 12:22 21 Jan 06

Are you sure that you have installed Java? Or have you just downloaded the install files? If you have just downloaded the file then you will need to run it in order to install Java; then you can install LimeWire.

mrthewanderer 19:32 21 Jan 06

I think it is installed as it is in the program menu,do I need to do something else to install it fully??

Welcome to the JavaTM 2 Platform
Welcome to the JavaTM 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment. This provides complete runtime support for Java 2 applications.

The runtime environment includes the Java Plug-in product which supports running the Java 2 environment inside Netscape web browsers.

References
See the Java Plug-in web site for more information on using the Java Plug-in product.

See the Java 2 Platform page for more information on the Java 2 Environment.

rods 20:21 21 Jan 06

Yep, have the same problem oscar

Softstag 20:39 21 Jan 06

Do you have the latest version of LimeWire?

mrthewanderer 10:43 22 Jan 06

Yes only just downloaded from site this week.

Softstag 15:13 22 Jan 06

Maybe this is a bug with the current version. Might be worth seeing if you can get a previous version, or waiting for an update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple