a lil registry hack

Cretin07 15:07 26 Nov 03

hi, anyone installed a zip or rar archiver and then when you right click on desktop and new the compressed folder icon is gone and instead a win rar or other program is in its place. thats what happened to me and im trying to get the compressed folder icon back, anyone know the registry key for it as i dont know how to do it using menus and options etc.

cycoze 15:18 26 Nov 03

You dont say what OS your using , but have you tried right clicking the icon , select properties , and use the `change icon` button , assuming you have the choice.

Cretin07 15:21 26 Nov 03

no i have windows xp pro, but when i right click it just creates the new folder.

cycoze 15:32 26 Nov 03

OK , try foldar options , click on the file types tab scroll down till you get to the program icon you want to change and highlight it , now click the advanced button , you have another option here to change the icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…