Lightscribe Samsung sh-w162

Geraint J 20:08 15 Feb 06

I have just installed this drive and the nero software that came with it. I cannot find anything in the nero software that refers to lightscribe ???? Printed on the disc that came with the drive it lists the software, Nero Express 6, InCD 4, Nero Vision Express, Nero Backitup, Nero Showtime, Nero Recode and Nero Lightscribe. But no matter where I look I cannot find any refrence to Lightscribe ?????? How the heck do I access this feature and use it ?
Any help please.

Totally-braindead 21:56 15 Feb 06

Are you saying it says Nero Lightscribe on the disk you got with it but you can't find lightscribe on the disk to install it, is that what you mean?

clayton 22:26 15 Feb 06

Might be worth downloading the latest version of nero 6.6.1.4

click here

Geraint J 22:45 15 Feb 06

Yes it says lightscribe on the disc but it doesnt give an option to inslall it in the program, should it be a seperate program or is it intergrated in anothe nero program ?

hssutton 00:20 16 Feb 06

Any burning software will burn data to a Lightscribe disk, but you do need Lightscribe enabled software for burning the label.

So burn your disk as per normal then go to your labeling software for burning the label, as far as I'm aware Nero will do this, but I use Surething v 4.5 which is a free download click here

Skyver 00:26 16 Feb 06

Nero 6 should handle it; click here

hssutton 00:30 16 Feb 06

You will probably be better downloading Surething from click here

clayton 00:43 16 Feb 06

The Samsung SH-W162 doesnt support lightscribe the SH-W162L does are you sure what model you have.

click here

click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:27 16 Feb 06

The lightscribe only appears in Nero cover designer as this is what you want it for. If it's not there you need the host software from Nero, downloadable from ahead. de, just put lightscribe in the search box and it will appear.
Sure thing is loads better, if you can get an OEM version of Nero lightscribe edition they include Surething 4SE. The lightscribe will only appear in cover designer if you have a lightscribe enabled burner.

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:04 16 Feb 06

Get surething 4 SE from thread of hssutton above.

Geraint J

You will probably be better downloading Surething from click here

Geraint J 13:42 16 Feb 06

Thanks I will try these sugestions. The drive has the lightscribe logo on the front, so it should support the feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…