Lightscribe problem

birdy11 09:21 16 Mar 08

My OS is Windows XP, 2GB Ram
When Lightscribe first came out I installed a compatible disc drive. When this failed I did not get another.
Now when trying to run Nero 7,Lightscribe loads but Nero 7 then stops responding.
I try to cancel Lightscribe but you have to be very quick to catch the cancel screen, it csn take several attempts before I succeed.
I can find no trace of where lightscribe is on my computer or its file name.
Does anyone have any experience of getting rid of this annoying programme. All suggestions will be tried.
Grateful for any help.

Technotiger 09:33 16 Mar 08

You will probably find the answer among this lot ... click here

iscanut 09:54 16 Mar 08

Lightscribe System Software shows in the Add/Remove programs in Control panel. At least, it does on my system. Have you looked here ?

J B 14:36 16 Mar 08

Lightscribe will sometimes not show up under Add and Remove Programs. Have a look here, click start > my computer > local disk "c" > programs > common files, and look for Lightscribe. I am pretty sure that you can delete it from there if you find it. J.B.

birdy11 19:12 16 Mar 08

Lightscribe does not show in Add/Remove or on the "C" drive.
I have done a search on all the drives and there is no trace of it.
I will trawl through Technotiger's suggestions and see what turns up.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
I am a little short of time at the moment, but I will let you know how I get on later.

birdy11 17:20 21 Mar 08

Sorry for the long delay in answering.
I found Lightscribe in Common Files and deleted it, as JB suggested.
I still do not understand why it did not show up in a search For Files and Folders when I tried that.

Strawballs 17:51 21 Mar 08

It is part of the nero program look in add remove go to nero and click on change and see if it gives you the option to uninstall components of nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017