Lightscribe DVD Drive

Bagsey 11:06 21 Apr 06

I am in the market for a Dvd writer to add to my computer. I am running XP home on a Mesh system. Can anyone tell me 1. If the disks are pricey compared to ordinary disks.
2. What drive would be the best to buy. I am not sure if a Lightscribe is the drive to buy as I usually print the lables using my disc printing facilty on my Epson R300.
I want a drive that will replace a CD writer without losing the CD burning facility
I would appreciate any advice offered to get my head straightened up on this. Thanks

pj123 13:53 21 Apr 06

I have the LG 4167 multi format dual layer DVD burner. Not lightscribe but at the moment Lightscribe can only print black not colour.

I use my R200 to print direct to CD/DVD using printable media.

click here

Of course, if you buy a lightscribe burner you can still use ordinary printable CD/DVDs in it and print the labels on your R300. Lightscribe disks (from what I can see look to range from about 30p to 70p each depending where you get them). click here

And, of course, all DVD burners will burn to CD as well. You need up to date DVD burning software as well. If you have early versions of Nero, Roxio or use the built in XP burner they may not support DVD burning.

I am using Nero 6.6.1.4 from:

click here make sure you get OEM Suite 3

Bagsey 15:29 21 Apr 06

Thank you for your very comprehensive explanation. Just what I needed. I usually am fairly clued up but on DVDs I am (was) a complete ignoramus. But now I know what to buy. I upgraded my Nero 5.5 last night to enable Dvd burning , had good reports on the upgrade but of course not tried it yet.
Thanks again

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:05 21 Apr 06

This was done on an HP840i using HP discs. The drive is multiformat and burns all formats including DVD Ram.
ttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/arricarry/1.jpg

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:05 21 Apr 06

link not working

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:06 21 Apr 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…