Lightscribe

Wolfshead 17:33 06 Aug 06

I have just installed a Samsung SH-S162L DVD writer with Lightscribe which came with Nero 6 express. Nero however doesn't recognise the drive as being a lightscibe drive. I have 2 drives and the samsung is installed as the slave, I have checked the jumpers and they are OK, I have downloaded the latest version of the Lightscribe software and installed this and also reinstalled Nero but it still won't recognise the drive as being a Lightscribe drive. The drive works in every other way.

GaT7 18:15 06 Aug 06

have you placed LightScribe disk/media in the drive? G

GaT7 18:39 06 Aug 06

Sorry, I've just realised that the Nero InfoTool will let you know, wouldn't it?

Try updating the firmware click here. This can be risky, so if in doubt don't attempt it.

In the end, if nothing works, you'll have to request the retailer for a replacement drive. G

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:28 06 Aug 06

The only part of Nero that will recognise your drive is "cover designer". As it is a labelling format the ordinary Nero is not interested in this function. Should be a lightscribe icon in cover designer.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:31 06 Aug 06

Having said that if you go to Start smart and crank up Nero Express there should be an option to make a lightscribe label on the main menu.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:41 06 Aug 06

Latest version of lightscribe is 1.4.109.1, if you go to lightscribe.com you can download loads of templates and an extended burn software version 1.4.109.1,although this extends the burn time it is quicker than double burning to make a nicer image. Only works on DVDs at the moment.

SG Atlantis® 20:47 06 Aug 06

Lightscribe sucks.

HVR is right, the applicable part of Nero is the cover designer for Lightscribe use. I have a Philips model and haven't used it since the free disks ran out, all 4 of them! So much better with a CD printing capable printer.

click here for lightscribe support and downloads.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:52 06 Aug 06

The surething label software available from SGA link is far better than cover designer, even shuts the tray for you when you click print.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…