Lights up but won't POST

i.tech 21:41 20 Aug 10

I have a Samsung NC10 netbook which, when I press the power button, all the lights come on but the screen remains blank, it doesn't sound like the fan is spinning an if I try it with the RAM removed there are no beeps suggesting to me that despite the lights it's not actually powering on- any ideas?

Nontek 22:02 20 Aug 10

Faulty PSU or Power connection. Lights need very little power to work.

woodchip 22:06 20 Aug 10

I have the same Netbook by the side of me, Try removing the battery and just run on mains

woodchip 22:11 20 Aug 10

Cannot see a plate to take the Hard Drive out, as that is what I would suggest next and see if it would go to BIOS. AS a bad drive can stop it starting up

woodchip 22:12 20 Aug 10

Check Hear click here

i.tech 22:34 20 Aug 10

Thanks for the response all- tried removing the battery but no change- tried it without the hard drive too. Noticed the last time I tried to power it up the light on the power button flickered then went out so is looking like a power issue.

i.tech 22:35 20 Aug 10

Thanks for the response all- tried removing the battery but no change- tried it without the hard drive too. Noticed the last time I tried to power it up the light on the power button flickered then went out so is looking like a power issue.

woodchip 22:38 20 Aug 10

Mains adapter may be gone check volts coming out of it with a voltmeter. It would then flaten the battery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…