Lights on tower never turn off

timitm 16:57 27 Nov 03

Eversince I have upgraded my computers. The Power light on the tower and scroll lock light on the keyboard remains on even when has been shutdown. Is there any way to turn them off?

Mr_Nice_Guy 16:58 27 Nov 03

how did you upgrade your computer? build? or bought another one?

rickf 17:08 27 Nov 03

A guess w/o further info is that you have connected the cables wrongly.

timitm 16:19 28 Nov 03

I upgraded old computer and I have only one place to put my power cable, please still help.

nidow 17:01 28 Nov 03

I have a keyboard that keeps the num lock light on. It is a fault with the keyboard might de the same se with your keyboard.
For the power light try restarting the system from windows and before windows starts turn off the computer using the power button and see if the light goes out. If it does then its your OS that’s causing it if not the wire might be in the wrong place look on the board to see if it tells you were you should plug in the cable as the mainbord instruction might be wrong.

wee eddie 22:35 28 Nov 03

When you say you upgraded your PC. What did you actually do?

What hardware?

What software?

What OS?

This might help others guess the problem.

I notice in this thread click here you say that you have not changed the PC and that you have another PC. Is this a third PC or one of these two?

DieSse 23:14 28 Nov 03

"Is there any way to turn them off?"

Unplug or switch off at the mains.

Normal system power down on an ATX system (all modern systems are ATX powered), does not remove power from the motherboard - so it's not that unusual for lights to stay on in some systems and keyboards.

DieSse 23:15 28 Nov 03

.... particularly on older systems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…