Lights status on router what do they mean?

Hetti 16:08 PM 28 Aug 13

Constantly losing wireless internet connection... two lights on router go off altogether when this happens.... ADSL is off, internet is off, the WLAN button blinks and power light is solid (on)

PC is in a different room (upstairs) I'm waiting for a very long Ethernet cable to arrive, just to try to establish if it is the connection or the computer (XP) but I have tried two and same happens on both. Talk Talk say its not the line, it is a shared phone/PC line.

Chronos the 2nd 19:29 PM 28 Aug 13

Tried to answer you earlier but there were login problems again.

Faulty router perhaps? What make and model of router do you have by the way?

john bunyan 19:49 PM 28 Aug 13

I found it easier to use a self installed telephone extension upstairs (25 metres) and plug the router into that near the desktop. I get some drop outs due, I think due to router age. When it happens unplug for 15 secs or so. As above what make and which ISP ? Being upstairs the router range increases and I found no reduction iin speed compared to plugging in to original BT socket

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites