Lightning - there's a lot about

Graham. 19:37 20 Jan 07

At the moment click here click here

Graham. 19:39 20 Jan 07

Watch out, woodchip!

SLAYER 19:47 20 Jan 07

well, there exiting links.More fun here.
click here

click here

what are the risks and recommended precautions?
i had a power cut while i was on a couple of weeks ago, all is ok, but electrical storms, should you unplug everything? i use adsl always connected as i use an internet phone and usually just turn my pc off by the start menu, should i be taking more precautions?

SB23 20:14 20 Jan 07

A bolt just hit very near where I am in S.Wales, At the mo all you can hear is alarms going off.

Graham. 20:17 20 Jan 07

If the storm is very near, unplug from the mains and phone line.

SB23 20:19 20 Jan 07

I did. Sky has cleared again. Was going to post about the lightning, but you beat me to it.

woodchip 20:25 20 Jan 07

Cannot see anything up hear Graham

rdave13 20:32 20 Jan 07

Can't remember where the posting is by the FE but it was about UPS and that he was investing in one I think. Anyway I bought one before winter set in and it's definately been a good investment. Only cost 42 squids including delivery and during these high wind storms, we've had two power failures and it's nice to watch the pc saving settings and shutting down normally instead of that violent cut-off. Plus the extra light from the monitor is a bonus albeit for five minutes...:)

Graham. 20:36 20 Jan 07

A UPS is indeed a good investment. It also acts as a defence against mains-born spikes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos