Licensed software

MALLET 22:18 09 Feb 04

Could anybody tell me if licensed software is licensed to a single computer or to the hard drive to which it is installed ?
My reason for asking is that i'm going to purchase an expensive programme for work and i am thinking of installing it on an external hard drive so i can take it home to work from home.

User-312386 22:19 09 Feb 04

1 per computer not per person

User-312386 22:20 09 Feb 04

sorry misread that, thats a good question!

My answer could be wrong here

Sir Radfordin 23:06 09 Feb 04

Depends on what software it is. Some Adobe stuff has concurrent licensing which means you can install it on as many machines as you like but it can only be used at the same time as you have licences (eg install on 10 machines from one licence only one person can use at a time).

However I doubt your idea of installing it on an external hard drive will work as few applications only install files in one folder - most scater bits though various folders as well as making entries into the regisitry.

DieSse 23:08 09 Feb 04

It all depends on the licence terms for the software you are buying - there are no general rules, any software supplier can give their own terms.

You will have to ask the supplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…