Libre Office

spui21 13:40 20 Jun 13

I have downloaded the latest version of Libre Office. No matter what I do the English spell checker won''t work and does not show any spelling errors. I then tried to download Apache Open Office but the opposite happens and shows every word as a red wavy line!

I would prefer if possible to run Libre Office - can anyone tell me how to fix the spell check. I tried the LO forums but they are written in geek speak. I am running Windows 8.

Dragon_Heart 01:57 21 Jun 13

Try the Libre Office help site on the subject

spui21 13:51 22 Jun 13

Thanks for your suggestion however I am afraid I don't understand how to do the first part (see extract below) - where is my user profile?. I tried uninstalling LO and used a registry cleaner and installed the latest version. However the same problem still hapens - no spell checker. I am really stuck now

1) Workaround

Close LibO (+ Quickstarter, if enabled).
Go to your user profile: rename the folder bundled [path: ...\3\user\extensions\bundled], e.g.: to bundled_old, or remove this folder.
Restart LibO: A new folder bundled will be created in the user profile. All bundled dictionaries will be available.

(2) Best solution

Install a current version → LibreOffice 3.5.1 / LibreOffice 3.4.6

spui21 13:53 22 Jun 13

Thanks for that suggestion. I am afraid I don't understand the instructions at 1 (see below) Where is my user profile? I tried number 2 and installed the latest version (after deleting old version and running a registry cleaner) but the same problem is there - no spell checker!

*1) Workaround Close LibO (+ Quickstarter, if enabled). Go to your user profile: rename the folder bundled [path: ...\3\user\extensions\bundled], e.g.: to bundled_old, or remove this folder. Restart LibO: A new folder bundled will be created in the user profile. All bundled dictionaries will be available. (2) Best solution Install a current version → LibreOffice 3.5.1 / LibreOffice 3.4.6*

lotvic 20:40 22 Jun 13

The file is in the AppData\Roaming folder in your main user profile in Windows. ...\3\user\extensions\bundled

The user is you 'spui21'

Here's a screenshot and instructions on where the AppData\Roaming folder (the user is 'Guy') http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/win8/windows8-appdata_folder.htm and look at the lefthand pane (ignore the rightpane insert that is for XP)

Note that you may have to enable view Hidden Folders.

spui21 23:05 22 Jun 13

Many thanks for your assistance. have tried what you suggested and it worked.

Thanks again!

Dragon_Heart 01:07 23 Jun 13

Sorry I forgot this was the beginners help forum !

Pleased you got it sorted :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…