LGA 775 CPU Cooler problem

Aquarrian 13:40 23 Dec 06

Hello.
I am trying to install the Intel LGA 775 cooler where you have to push four hooks into the motherboard and then turn to lock them in. I have secured two but having problems with the other two. I pushed and turned but they did not lock in to the motherboard. On one lever the jaws at the bottom have opened with the black inner protruding. The other is in the secure position (ie the arrow facing to the left aligned with the cooler. I cannot see a way of turning them in reverse either to secure the two remaining levers or the remove the cooler. Can anybody help?

fossy1 13:46 25 Dec 06

Hi Aqarrian

Just had the same problem myself.
If you unlock the retainer by grasping the body with one hand and pull the centre with the other you will find that you can pull the centre pin out which will allow the jaws to retract and then be inserted in the Mobo, trust me it does work, I've just finished building my new PC and am currently loading software.

Merry Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…