lg supermulti writer problems

tickhiller 15:38 28 Sep 05

I have a LG supermultiwriter 4081B, I have been burning MP3 discs using the simple data disc option in Nero 6. After 15 CDs it has given up. I get- 'Focus or tracking error', 'Invalid write state' and then 'Could not perform end track'. My os is XP home SP2. I have updated Nero and checked my HDD(where my music is stored) for errors, tried again, same result. Tried both Maxell and Memorex discs.
Any suggestions or is it time for a new drive which would be a shame as this has had little work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:50 28 Sep 05

Focus or tracking error means the optical alignment coils in the drive appear to be out of sync.

It can be repaired but is probably cheaper to buy a new one.

How old is it (15 discs) under warrenty?

tickhiller 20:09 28 Sep 05

Its probably more than a year old now, so its maybe time to buy another, I'm not impressed as it has not done a lot of work. Has anyone else had this problem.

De Marcus™ 20:11 28 Sep 05

Contact LG before you purchase a new one, they may surprise you.

crx1600 20:54 28 Sep 05

click here this site has user reviews of the LG and it appears the many of the drives have failed/died giving 'focus or tracking error' within the first year.

apparently "LG is fully aware of the infamous Track/Focus error." so it's worth contacting them.

tickhiller 10:48 29 Sep 05

Thanks for the info, I will contact LG and post the response for future info, but whatever the result I will not buy another LG.

tickhiller 11:56 25 Oct 05

After 3 weeks and several phone calls LG have sent me a nice new shiny GSA-4165B. Seems to work fine but ominously the delay was because of a lack of units at the warehouse, does this mean they are having to replace a lot?!!!

Catastrophe 12:33 25 Oct 05

"does this mean they are having to replace a lot?!!! "

Perhaps, like me, there are very satisfied LG customers and demand is heavy. I never had any problem with an lG.

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…