lg l1710B tft screen - standby

Bfarm 16:12 13 Jan 04

LG L1710B TFT screen
Can anyone help? I have just bought a lg 17" tft monitor. Used cd to load info. file as instructed and all works well at 1280x1024 @60 as recommened. Good very clear picture. The only problem I have is when the computer/screen goes into power save or stanby mode - the screen on off button goes amber as stated. - BUT whenever I move the mouse or keyboard, the screen on off button goes green and the screen lights up to a lot of thin vertical coloured lines. Once it came up as just a bright blank screen.

Rebooting brings the screen back to normal. The screen works very well apart from this hiccup. I think this might be a graphics card prob ??!! Or signals from the computer rather than my new screen??

My computer is a Packard Bell - Pentium 600 with 396 RAM and its original Intel(R) 810 chipset Graphics integral graphics card. It does seem to be something to do with the wake-up signals from the computer.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

LeadingMNMs 17:32 13 Jan 04

Try updating the driver. I've had problems with using older programs on my TFT, with the picture often being split in two. I found that simply switching the monitor on and off does the trick.

LeadingMNMs 21:48 13 Jan 04

Try looking for the most recent drivers for both the monitor and the graphics cards. Look on the manufacturers websites click here for the monitor drivers, windows update tends not to have the most up to date drivers. I'm not sure about a graphics driver as it is quite old. It may be worth installing a new graphics card (though depends what expansion slots are available in your machine). I'm sure a basic card will not be of great expense to you.

TommyRed 22:19 13 Jan 04

I've had, and still do, have a problem with my TFT monitor. It's exactly as LeadingMNMs explains and upgrading the driver helped but didn't solve it, ie it would split into two after 4 hours instead of 2 hours, I also found that switching off and back on solved it for a time. Eventually, before the warranty runs out I'll put it in to have it looked at. Btw mines a Medion 15". HTH TR

TommyRed 22:23 13 Jan 04

It's just started to happen now, I get a line across the screen, Just turned it off and on and everythings luvely jubbely, Monitors been on since 'The Simpson's' finished. More or less 4 hours. TR

Bfarm 14:21 14 Jan 04

Many thks. I will try to get update driver, but the lge websight seems to download corrupt files for tft screens. I am on to the phone number shortly in Slough to see if they can help.
Unfortunately once the vert lines are there after a stanby break, switching off/on does not clear it. I now just leave all power saving off and just s/w screen on and off if I leave the computer for any length of time.
I think the answer may lie in a more upto date graphics card. Cheers

Bfarm 17:28 14 Jan 04

Have managed to contacted lg and suggest done grading to 1152x864 to see if problem is resolved.If it is then getting an uptodate graphics should ultimately get me to the correct 1280x1024.
Many thanks for everyones help.
Bfarm

Bfarm 21:18 15 Jan 04

For those interested.
Have downloaded a later 810 graphics driver and all problems have been solved at the correct [email protected] resolution.
Cheers
Bfarm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…