LG GSA-5120D External DVD Rewriter

kit41 10:51 19 Feb 05

The time taken to transfer/burn data too and from my LG GSA-5120D External DVD Rewiter is chronically slow. It takes up to 2 hours to burn 4.7 GB of data to a DVD-R disc and the process very often fails. I’ve checked the cables and am using a USB cable direct to a USB 2 port on my PC. I’ve also run Nero’s disc drive speed checker and it says that the transfer speed for DVD’s is 0.57x and CD’s are 4.4x. I’ve also downloaded the latest firmware from the LG web site but these have made no difference. Can any one out there help?

SEASHANTY 15:55 19 Feb 05

Mixed comment on this website
click here=
I haven't a USB weriter but it does sweem very slow. Perhaps its only working at USB1 speed. Presume you have it connected to the main USB2 outlets on the PC and not a USB hub.

kit41 16:26 19 Feb 05

Thanks SEASHANTY for the reply, but yes it is plugged straight into the USB socket on the back of the PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…