LG E2351 VR BN Monitor Help

Willya 19:57 27 Jan 12

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/lg-e2351vr-bn-23-full-hd-led-backlit-monitor-11255566-pdt.html

I just purchased this monitor last week and connected it to my PC via a HDMI cable. The problem that I have is - that there is a black border all the way around the desktop display. This is approximately 40mm wide down the sides of the screen and 30mm on the top and bottom.

I have the most recent monitor driver (v. 1.1.0.0) dated 21-11-2011 from the LG website and the screen resolution is set at 1920*1080 @ 60hz.

I have performed a factory reset on the monitor and also double checked all the settings in windows and on my graphic card (Radeon HD3650) to make sure everything is correct.

The monitor came supplied with a VGA cable but I cannot try this as my graphics card only has DVI and HDMI ports on the back. I may buy and try a DVI cable to see if that makes a difference but surely there must be something I can do to stretch out the picture to fill the screen?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:25 27 Jan 12

Does the monitor have a Menu button? check the settings there.

Willya 20:35 27 Jan 12

Thanks for the reply.

The menu options are very basic and offer no control over screen positioning.

There is one that is greyed out however -

ORIGINAL RATIO

Im thinking that maybe this is linked to the HDMI connection so cant be changed when using that.

The user manual is no use either so I have just emailed LG support but was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Willya 20:37 27 Jan 12

*ORIGINAL RATIO (WIDE)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac