LG DVD-Rewriter

fitzy- 2nd 13:49 24 Aug 04

HI.
I have decided on a LG ELECTRONICS DVD-Rewriter now i'm stuck with the dilemma of which Rewriter to buy from the LG range.

Can anyone recommend the best rewriter in the
LG range.

All replies very much appreciated.

stylehurst 14:29 24 Aug 04

I have just purchased their dual layer unit, apart form being multi format (ie -R & +R) it also can cater for RAM disks.
OEM model from Novatech £63.30 + Vat.

As it only arrived yesterday & has only just been fitted I cannot report on its burning capabilities.

TOPCAT® 14:29 24 Aug 04

industry sorts itslf out, then LG has launched what it claims to be the first drive to support all three formats: DVD-RW, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM.

LG, which believes that recordable DVD will overtake CD-RW by volume by 2005 and will dominate the market by 2006, says that the Super Multi Write Plus Drive will reduce confusion or risk when a customer is deciding which format is better.

click here

JonnyTub 14:31 24 Aug 04

click here depends really what you intend on doing with it, most of lg's drives are basically the same.

Simon_P 14:39 24 Aug 04

But I have had 2 LG drives 1 CDRom and 1 DVD rom and thay have both packed up after about a year (just out of waurentee)

Whilst LG do make some very good equipment I personally would not use their drives again

I currently use a NEC DVDRW +/- x8 speed £47 OEM and cant fault it.

It however is not dual layer or DVD ram

SEASHANTY 14:44 24 Aug 04

If you had purchased the Panasonic home recorder instead of the Sony then the LG is compatible with
the DVD-RAM discs the Panasonic uses. A bit late now tho'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac